ABOUT Gardner Denver
Gardner Denver is a leading, global provider of high-quality industrial equipment, technologies and services to a broad and diverse customer base through a family of highly recognized brands. The company was founded in 1859 and has 40 manufacturing facilities located in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific with offices in 32 different countries. With an extensive network of dedicated sales companies and distributors across all continents, Gardner Denver offers global expertise with truly local service capability, ensuring the advanced technologies are backed up with full support.
Gardner Denver has a strong focus on product quality, with each of its major products being the market leader in the industries it serves. This focus on quality and customer value has spawned several new technologies, like variable speed air compressor technologies, which delivers a considerable improvement to the availability and total cost of ownership of the equipment.
Gardner Denver’s customer rely on the continuous operation of their industrial equipment, whether they be blowers, compressors, pumps, etc. Gardner Denver sought a cost-effective way to capture operational information and provide it to the organisation best placed to support the end customer and protect their equipment from failure.
Gardner Denver adopted and configured the Cumulocity IoT platform to initially focus on the condition monitoring of industrial air compressors for the distribution and service partners of each of its 16 brands.
- Cumulocity IoT Platform Tenant
- Fully rebranded for each Gardner Denver brand
- Real-time monitoring of operational parameters on air compressors
- Real-time detection of fault situations
- Online storage and on-demand distribution to the correct Gardner Denver’s service partner
- Remote configuration of industrial air compressors
- Customised management, operational and technical dashboards
- Plug and play machine integration with Cloud Field Bus
- Set up and available in x weeks
Gardner Denver piloted their air compressor condition monitoring service on over 100 machines with various customers around the world. The consolidated experience allowed them to successfully launch the initial ‘IoT powered’ condition monitoring service to their global customers, through their multitude of distribution and service partners.
- VERY FAST TIME TO MARKET Adoption of the fully customisable, ready-made software allowed the Gardner Denver condition monitoring service to be available in only X weeks
- MULTI-BRAND AND MULTI-PARTNER SUPPORT Flexible tenants with sophisticated user access controls aligns to the eco-system of distribution and service partners for each brand
- COST-EFFECTIVE SOLUTION Fully transparent set-up and usage-based monthly Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) fee