ABOUT DEUTSCHE TELEKOM
Deutsche Telekom is one of the world's leading telecommunications companies, with 143 million mobile customers, 31 million fixed-network lines, and over 17 million broadband lines.
Present in more than 50 countries and with a staff of some 225,200 employees throughout the world, Deutsche Telekom generated revenue of 69.2 billion Euros in the 2015 financial year of which 64 percent was outside Germany.
Deutsche Telekom has led the evolution of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) / Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity solutions and services and desired to expand its offering from its managed connectivity foundations to provide a suite of capabilities to solve its customers’ business problems, in particular those encountered through digital transformation.
This approach would limit the impact of connectivity price erosion, drive additional services revenues, strengthen its position as a credible partner for its Enterprise customers and allow Deutsche Telekom to maintain its thought leadership position.
Deutsche Telekom adopted the Cumulocity IoT platform and services in both a fully Deutsche Telekom branded and easily end-customer customisable manner.
- Private Edition of Cumulocity IoT Platform
- Deployment in Deutsche Telekom Data Centre
- Fully rebranded Deutsche Telekom
- Dashboard, business rule and user interface customisation for solution business
- Fault detection, automated resolution management and SLA monitoring for operations
- Documentation, technical forum and support for developers
- Rapid low cost Proof-of-Concept (PoC) package for end customer projects
Deutsche Telekom is now able to engage with enterprise customers earlier and help them to develop and deploy M2M/IoT solutions faster and more cost-effectively.
- INNOVATIVE AND FLEXIBLE OFFERING
Adoption of the fully customisable, ready-made software allows Deutsche Telekom to grow its position as a development and solution partner.
- ADDITIONAL M2M/IOT SOLUTION REVENUE
Allows Deutsche Telekom to use the IoT platform capabilities as the cornerstone of its wider M2M/IoT business offering and negates connectivity price erosion.
- LOCAL DEPLOYMENT
Ensuring data and service management can be managed to corporate policy, whilst maximising operational round-trip communication performance
Realize your ideas, whatever your business drivers
- Your machines currently operate on your customer's site and are maintained by your service personnel
- Your existing remote maintenance solution is costly and lacks the functionality you desire
- You would like to improve customer satisfaction through new proactive maintenance services
- You want to differentiate in your market with new innovative offerings
- You want to add an online service to your hardware product
Cumulocity opens up possibilities that previously have been only viable for large industrial applications. Get in touch to find out more.